Saturday, February 7, 2009

He's just not that into you -

So, Sassy Esquire and I went to see He's Just Not That Into You last night. I've already read, memorized, and utilized the information written on the pages and probably more importantly in between the lines of this book. I think most women have had a time in their lives when a dead end situation calls for a little tough love. For instance, yours truly found herself in a pit of despair after a much too long "non-relationship, relationship" which consisted of spending every calender holiday together, thousands of texts, phone calls, inside jokes, etc. You get the picture. I was the Lady who got advice from friends ad nauseum - "cut your losses," "he'll come around," "you deserve better," and the perennial favorite "maybe he's gay?" I finally struck out and away from this particular fella and it allowed me to find what I had been looking for all along - true love and compatibility. It was a refreshing change from banging my head against a brick wall.
Sassy Esquire brought up a good point last night that was echoed in the movie - we women love the drama. Even if we say we don't, there is just something so damn exciting about the early stages of relationships and just starting to fall in love, or trying to hang onto love or let go of something that isn't love that stirs the proverbial pot. When things are going smoothly sometimes we forget to count our blessings.
All of this said, I recommend the movie, and I recommend the message - and I recommend the friendship and discussion that comes from all of it.
Go see it www.fandango.com

No comments:

Post a Comment